Hello There, Guest! Login Register

4 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NBA talk
Seems like even the local radio shows refuse to talk about the NBA.  I'd much prefer that over countless hours discussing how bitter they are about UNC, or which Derby horse no one has ever heard of may be scratched.

Spurs vs. OKC in the 2nd round is a treat, even though the Spurs put on a clinic in game 1
Steph Curry with 2 injuries in the first 3 games of the playoffs despite being healthy for an 82 game regular season.  Latest is an MCL sprain
Pacers knocked out in 7 games by Toronto, who has never won a 7 game series

I really enjoy the playoffs,but seem to be in the minority
Find  
(05-02-2016, 09:29 AM)J-Rye Wrote: Spurs vs. OKC in the 2nd round is a treat, even though the Spurs put on a clinic in game 1

I did not expect that big of a win in a second round playoff game. I could get behind the Spurs winning another one.
Find  
I like the storylines. I just can't sit down and watch an actual NBA game. Playoffs or otherwise.
Find  
Clay Thompson was unconscious from three in this last game. Holy smokes. It emphasizes how much of a complete team they are. And to think their studs all came from draft picks over the last 5 years. First time I have seen the Warriors have such good skill (luck?) With a stretch of picks. Add in some good role players in Iguadala and Barbosa and some other pickups of guys that had been injury ridden like Shaun Livingston It's almost like how the spurs have been able to stay on top with player continuity and development of draft picks.

2009 Curry #7
2011 Thompson #11
2012 Green #35
2012 Barnes #7

All that said, they better hope they have curry back or San Antonio is going to be tough
Find  
Draymond Green at #35 is one of the best NBA draft picks of all time. Up there with the Spurs getting Ginobli at #57.
Find  
There have been some really good players out of the late picks. To name a few

Jeff Hornacek
Carlos Boozer
Gilbert Arenas
Bill Lambeer
Find  
The Boston version Isaiah Thomas went 60th
Find  
Was he on the team befor or was brad Stevens part of drafting him?
Find  
Stevens traded for him last season, a few month before the playoffs.
Find  
Cavs looking like serious contenders if last night was any indication. They broke the record for most 3's made in a game, ever. They were defensively solid too. But something about Lebron's face still makes me want to punch it then disappear
Find